Checkout Alicia Key's makeup free Photos at the VMAs

  Alicia Keys stood out at the VMAs last night as she stepped  out onto the white carpet, glowing without a scrap of make-up.Alicia previously revealed that it was a chance encounter with a photographer who wanted to take her picture without any make-up that gave her courage and she hasn't worn make-up since.She wrote about the request on Lena Dunham's Lenny newsletter

 I was shocked,"Instantly, I became a bit nervous and slightly uncomfortable.
"My face was totally raw. I had on a sweatshirt! As far as I was concerned, this was my quick run-to-the-shoot-so-I-can-get-ready look, not the actual photoshoot look.”

“I swear it is the strongest, most empowered, most free, and most honestly beautiful that I have ever felt."I hope to God it’s a revolution,” she said. “Cause I don’t want to cover up anymore. Not my face, not my mind, not my soul, not my thoughts, not my dreams, not my struggles, not my emotional growth. Nothing."
"Every time I left the house, I would be worried if I didn’t put on makeup: What if someone wanted a picture??
“What if they POSTED it??? These were the insecure, superficial, but honest thoughts I was thinking. And all of it, one way or another, was based too much on what other people thought of me.”


Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »

Popular Posts