Photos;‘World’s oldest fiancee’, 106, gets engaged to her 66-year-old toyboy in Brazil

 A Brazilian woman  has defied doctors to become the oldest person to get engaged at the age of 106.
Valdemira Rodrigues de Oliveira said yes to her 66-year-old toyboy Aparecido Dias Jacob at a ceremony despite being given advice by physicians not to go ahead with it.

The smitten seniors with the combined age of 172 years have separate rooms at Nossa Senhora Fatima retirement home in Pirassununga, south east Brazil, and were determined to prove it's never too late to be with your soulmate after three years together.

 According to Mailonline ,Volunteer Fabiane Zaffalon, said:
'As they couldn't get married we came up with another way to make their dreams come true by holding an engagement ceremony at the retirement home.'
Speaking about her love for her future husband, the centenarian said:
'I fell in love with him.
'I like him a lot. If he dies, I die too.' 
The two lovebirds were among 40 residents at the elderly care home who were asked by the Project's organisers what they would like to do 'most in their life to make them happy'.

 The lovestruck pair met at the residential home in 2014 and it was love at first sight for Jaco, who suffers from paralysis of the left arm.
He has been living in the home for 19 years after being homeless and unemployed.
Jaco said:
 'I fell in love with Valda from the moment I saw her. I know she's a little older than me, but that doesn't matter because she makes me really happy.
'I asked her to marry me and we always believed it would happen but getting engaged is a step forward for us right now.'
The couple are inseparable and spend all day with each other, chatting, eating their meals together and sitting side by side in the home.
'I know it's not going to happen but I would have loved to be able to wash Jaco's clothes, cook his meals and look after him like a wife,' said Valda
It's the first time either of them have been married.
Neither have children and most of Valda's relatives have died while Jaco has lost touch with his family.
A volunteer page boy and bridesmaid, Renan and Isabella, both 12-years-old accompanied Valda.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »

Popular Posts